Think you’ve got an awesome color name? You probably don’t. But on the off chance you do, here’s some of the guidelines we used to create Offensive Crayons.
- Does it offend anyone or make a point?
- Is there a joke or at least an alliteration to make it sound fun?
- If it’s topical, then it’ll likely not work. Remember, we live in a 24 hour news cycle. The joke might not work 2 months from now let alone 2 years from now.
- Will I get sued for using this person’s/organization’s name?
- If it’s super political, it’s likely topical and likely won’t work a few years from now.
- Will the dumbest person I know get the joke? (MUST be obvious)
- Does a joke about X group/ action/ thing already exist in one of the sets?